Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1st post of 2014

My first post for 2014 is my DT project for Scraps of Color E:spire.  It's a Paperbag calendar! I had some technical difficulties with my computer but you can't keep a Papercrafter down long!  First let me send a shout out to Clementine Creative for the inspiration.  She has these cute pastel printable 2014 calendar pages. I thought it would be the perfect gift for my godsister's baby girl Marley.  A great way to get organized as she & hubby prepare photos and other memorabilia for babys album.
It was a joy to make.  I got a chance to pull my pastels and gathered things from my stash.  I didn't purchase one thing.  What a great start to a frugal year!

I cut the calendars to size and matted them to give definition.

I must admit these paper bags were huge.  They were given to me and as you see they came to great use.  It was the best size because you can fit a 4x6 photo in the pocket.  How about that...Cool huh?!
Below are front covers of each month.  Just love how it all came together.  Some of the embellishments are over mmmm so long ago I can't recall lol.  Look at the vellum quote below...
I used a quote from Word Art Wednesday, an old edge punch and chipboard word below.
The Valentine ticket was from a kit about 3 years ago. I like layering die cuts as I did the heart with a bird and flower.  Simple but fun!
LOVE, love, love the fiber I received from Mama Minnie!  The die cut spool was given to me in a swap.
Had to add some lace, it's a girl right?  The photo didn't capture the birdie edge punch above the quote.
Making Memories fabric phrase is very old.  I'm amazed how I've been hoarding, but so excited that I finally used it!
The mini clothes pins came from Michaels dollar bin.  Does anyone remember the vellum quote books?
I had the laced ribbon in a box and it was the perfect size.  Wow loving how it is all coming together.
I used my mice hole edge punch and a chipboard from a kit.  Oh and the Sassafras paper is from a kit.
The crocheted rattle is truly old from an embellishment kit and I added a piece of metal.
Finally December using the fenced edge punch.  I was happy to use a few punches in this project.
Hope you enjoyed looking.  Can't wait to mail it to my godsister.  It's a great way to keep things organized.

Tell me what you think.  Wishing you Wonderful Memories to Cherish this year and put in a scrapbook!

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady, glad you got that worked out and back to blogging. That is really a cute calendar and the best part is that you used what you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess,

    Wow, I love how you used my calendar! Great work :)

    Regards,
    Carmia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a very fun and creative idea! Found you on Scraps of Color blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love poured into this calendar. Love all of the little details that give it character. Never would have guessed that the foundation for it came from paper bags!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...