Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Beginnings at Twist of Faith

When I saw this image by Robert Jackson it immediately took me back to those days when deacons in the church would bow down on their knees and pray unto the Lord.    One of our associate pastors mentioned religion vs. relationship in his pastoral message and it's stuck with me for a while.  It's enough to say we are Christians, but we have to study His Word.  Then we will develop that relationship with him.   At Twist of Faith we are having a 'New Beginnings - Anything Goes' challenge.  I don't care to make New Year Resolutions or promises that I seldom keep.  My goal is to read the bible in it's entirety in 2014.  It is my prayer that I stay focused with the One Day Bible and read with understanding. The scripture I added to this card is powerful and comes from Proverbs 4:1-7.  Hope you join us this week. 
 
Proverbs 4:1-7

 


 
 Create in me a clean heart.  Psalm 51:10
 
Happy New Year!

14 comments:

  1. I love this card. I might have to lift it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess...I just love that praying image. With the start of a new year I too have turned my thoughts to religion vs relationship. My desire is to grow in my relationship with my Saviour and develop a deeper friendship with Him. That must start in the Word. Thanks for such an encouraging post! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014.
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card, love that image and scripture; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a precious card, Princess!! Love the Scripture and praying that our Lord helps you reach your goal of reading the Bible in 2014!! Wishing you a Happy New Year!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card! I love all of the different elements that you brought together to make a very meaningful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card ! and reading the Bible completely is a great goal indeed! Wish you a very Happy New Year dear Princess :)
    Best Wishes
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card - very unique and love the image tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. May you reach your goal in 2014.
    This is a lovely card - I enjoyed looking over the Jackson site -lots of great images. I am wondering where the sentiment originated - it is just right for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Princess, I love your card!!! Religion vs Relationship must be the message for 2014 as our pastor recently spoke on this as well. All the religion in the world does you no good if you don't have relationship with the Father. I wish you God's abundant blessings in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly created to jump start your 2014 goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMEN my sister!! Yes - it is certainly relationship!!! And I'm also reading the Bible through in 2014. Love that image too! Your card is amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Faith based resolutions ARE so much better! May you continue to grow your faith through God

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card. Image is perfect for the card and I like the verse.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...