Friday, April 6, 2012

Papercrafter in the Making

My little cousin McKenzie wanted me to help her with a school project.  She had to create a shoe box with her favorite insect ‘the butterfly’ and boy was I excited!  What?!!  It’s another opportunity to Papercraft!   I took out a DCWV decoupage kit I received as a RAK from my scrappy sistah Samantha. We took out the Making Memories paint and the rest was on.  Being the scrapbooker that I am it was only appropriate to pull out the camera to capture the moment, because I knew a layout was coming.  It's my Design Team project for Platinum Scraps with a Pagemap 2 page sketch.

Of course I couldn’t resist the DCWV Mariposa pattern and solid glimmer cardstock paper pack.  Perfect huh? In her project McKenzie used Making Memories paint for the dirt, grass and sky.  She used Martha Stewart fringe scissors for the grass.  I received some butterfly stickers as a RAK and she placed them on the inside and out.  For the clouds my scrappy sistah Rhoda suggested cotton balls! Of course it was her project so why not personalize it with sticker alphabets and that’s why McKenzie Butterflies received an A+ on her assignment. 
2 page layout

Quickutz butterfly

Check out the details in her project!

That's a proud girl!  A+
Job Well Done McKenzie!! She was ALL smiles and I think she’s a PapercraftEr in the making!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Become a follower so we can stay in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...